This is the original Beech House Dental Team when the practice first opened in 1917. The practice originally started directly over the road where the picture was taken and back then our building was a Rectory.
The picture shows brothers Hedley and Hubert Visick who were the founders of the Practice. The back row are the Technicians and Dental Nurses.
The overcrowding, which had become chronic at St Saviour’s Church made it necessary that steps were taken to obtain some relief. So in 1878 at a cost of £1,400 a temporary building was built in a field behind the Town Hall this was called “St Peter’s Church.” It was opened on 7th June 1878 was chiefly served by Rev J. Howard Palmer. This building was used for 17 years and the congregation transferred to the new and permanent St Peter’s Church at the Granville-Road corner of Meads Road.
The permanent St Peter’s Church was the outcome of a gift by the Duke of Devonshire costing £5,000. The Rectory for this Church was in fact 16 College Road before it became a Dental Surgery. Eventually, this church was demolished and is now a block of flats. The congregation moved backed to nearly renamed St Saviour’s and St Peter’s Church which is in South Street.
This is The Beech House Dental Team now, outside our beautiful building. The Practice has grown over the years we have 5 Dentists, 3 Hygienists, 7 Dental Nurses and 4 Receptionists. M & M Laboratory are located at the side of our building has 3 Technicians who make all our lovely denture work.
Check out our common problems and emergency guide