Reopening dentistry during Covid-19 means we have new infection prevention control measures, new PPE and a new patient journey to ensure everyone is kept as safe as possible.
To help minimise the risk of infection via surfaces we would like your email address to avoid the transfer of paper work and will send any treatment estimates and consent forms electronically. Please email Reception@beechhouse-dental.co.uk before your next appointment to ensure we have your correct email address on record.
Please attend the practice with as few belongings as possible to avoid bringing in additional contaminants.
In order to comply with social distancing we would ask that
– To limit the number of people in the practice building, please do not arrive early for your appointment
– please attend your appointment on your own.
– If a chaperone is essential then contact details for this person must be given to reception to comply with test and tracing measures.
– Please respect the 2 metre distance rule.
There will be no walk in appointments permitted. All appointments must be made remotely over the phone or via email. To ensure this when you arrive you will find that the front door is closed. You will need to ring the door bell for entry.
– Our waiting room has been re-organised to enable 2 metre distancing
– If you would prefer not to wait in our waiting room, you can telephone reception from outside the practice or from the practice car park to notify us that you have arrived. We can then collect you and escort you (from a safe distance) straight into the surgery.
Hand hygiene you will be required to use alcohol hand sanitiser on entering and leaving the practice.
On leaving the surgery you will be encouraged, as politely as possible, to not linger on the premises but to exit swiftly to allow as minimal contact with staff and fellow patients.
Upregulated PPE guidance: Clinical and reception staff are required to wear additional PPE which means we will have a considerably different appearance to what you have been used to. Some of this PPE is extremely difficult to source at the moment and requires certified fittings. There will be some treatments that will remain unavailable until these PPE standards can be met.
Additional infection prevention control: You will notice additional measures in place such as frequent disinfection of common areas within the practice, alcohol gel stations, staff disinfection of WC after each use. Due to the use of aerosols in dentistry, surgeries will need to be left vacant after aerosol generation and a dry disinfecting fogging device will be employed to sanitise the air and surfaces.
Dentistry rightly has a reputation for an exemplary level of hygiene. All our staff will have gone through updated Covid-19 infection control training before returning to work. Our measures will ensure there is minimum footfall within the practice and excellent infection prevention control. We look forward to seeing you again soon during these extraordinary times. If you have any concerns or are unsure about any of the new guidance please do not hesitate to contact us on 01323 720980.
All the very best, kind regards,
Check out our common problems and emergency guide